Once again…it has been way too long since I last updated my blog, and I apologize for that. Tons of stuff has happened since late June..so here is a bit of catch up:
- I’m now gamerDNA’s Online Marketing Manager, a promotion from Community Manager. I took this role the last week of June, and it consists of me taking care of all of Public Relations, Community Management (includes Social Media), and some marketing as well.
- The Matrix Online closed down on July 31st…and it was quite sad. MxO was my first MMO that I really loved, and the first online community that I really loved, so it was tough to see it go. I hope to write a brief blog post about this, since the closure of a virtual world made me have to think about things in new ways.
- Earlier this month I saw Blink 182 for my first time in about 5 years. Last I saw them was in the summer of 2004, and unfortunately following that tour Blink broke up. Well, now they’re back and they’re selling out shows like no one’s business. The show was a great time, and I can’t wait to see them again next weekend in Hartford. I’ve got pit tickets!
- This coming week we’re launching a huge update at GamerDNA.com and I’m really excited to see it go live. It’s something that we’ve been working on for a long time, and with it I’m going to try to do some new things in terms of community management and social media. I’m planning to have some fun in September 😉
- I’m speaking on a panel at PAX on Saturday Sept 5th in the Unicorn Theatre. The panel is discussing Community Management and Twitter, and I’m really excited to speaking alongside Morgan from Frag Dolls, Jaap Tuinman from EA, Meghan Rodberg from Turbine, and Michelle from Yelp.com. It should be an awesome time and a great panel, and if you’re at the show please say hello! Message me on Twitter if you’d like to meet up!
That’s it for this update – You can catch me on twitter at http://www.Twitter.com/SamHouston for my daily updates. I plan to blog more, hopefully including focusing on some topics in the gaming space and community management/social media. Stay tuned!