A little late because of my trip to London, but these are my New Year's Resolutions (so far):
- Get involved in charities or some sort of social good organizations (Gay Rights and some positive San Francisco organization)
- Start going to the Gym and lose weight, eat healthier
- Buy more groceries, cook more often, and bring lunch to work more often
- Play my bass more and start playing in a group of some sort
- Budget Money and start saving money
- Take mini-vacations to Seattle, Boston, and other cities
- Keep in touch with family and friends better/more (Dad's side, Cousins, talk to my sister and nephew/niece more, buddies from High School, etc)
- Explore San Francisco more and the Bay Area in general (Berkeley especially)
- Meet more people outside my friend group (people involved in design and advertising/marketing, other startups, other industries, etc)
- Go to more concerts
- Start decorating apartment more, especially with cool music stuff
- Read More
- Get ADHD Medicine – I used to take adderall and it helped me greatly
- Stop Procrastinating so much – Most of this stuff, and things in every day life (Work, chores, etc) I could have done much earlier. The time is now!
- Play more games/complete more games
It's my birthday! Today I'm officially 23 years old, and very happy to be around for another year of adventures and great times.
Twenty Two was an interesting year for me; I moved to San Francisco from Boston, started several jobs and dealt with unemployment for a handful of months, had a lot of fun and made some great friends, and learned some good and harsh life lessons. It was truly a rollercoaster, from moving to a city I loved but had a job I hated, to dealing with unemployment and went through some rough financial and personal times…and then it ended with me landing an awesome job with great people.
I'm really excited about being 23 and the year ahead. I've got lots of goals, from big to small, and I'll be posting a New Year's Resolution post here soon. From a career perspective, I'm looking forward to launching Monopoly on Facebook, continuing to contribute to the Community Management tactics that Playfish uses, and continuing to learn more about my craft and get better and better at it. Personally, I'm looking forward to exploring more of San Francisco, making some new friends, and hopefully meeting some new people that turn into meaningful relationships. I've got a job that I love, in a city I love, and I feel like it's really time to start focusing a lot on enjoying life and sharing it with some great friends, family, and maybe even a girlfriend if I'm lucky 🙂
Right now I'm sitting in San Francisco International Airport, waiting to board a flight to London. In about 10 hours, I'll be in London for a week for training at Playfish HQ. I'll be learning how to launch Facebook Games, and learning what all is involved in being an Online Content Manager for an live Playfish game. I'm excited and feel very fortunate to be traveling outside of the country for the first time ever 🙂
Thanks to everyone that has been a great friend over the past year and been supportive of me as I traverse life and my career. It has been great so far, and I can't wait to see what 2011 brings me!